You are here: BreadcrumbHome

Info About RTI Day


Angry at broken neighbourhood roads? Frustrated at passport application delays? Be empowered, take matters into your own hands and exercise your Right To Information (RTI). The I Lead India RTI Day initiative seeks to educate you about how you can use the RTI Act, the process of filing an application and more. While not being a channel for submitting applications, the initiative will enable citizens to become change more

On Oct 25th, RTI Day, step forward and file an RTI application seeking information on an issue of critical importance to you.

The Right To Information empowers a citizen to seek clarity on a range of issues that impact him. These are illustrated below:
1. Developmental issues pertaining to the immediate neighbourhood: These could include issues such as broken roads near one's residential area, erratic water/power supply, lack of public transport facilities in a certain colony etc.
2. Personal issues, specifically pertaining to government documents: These encompass matters such as delay in passport application being processed, pension not being given etc.
3. Using RTI to bring about systemic change: Transparency in functioning of public toilets in your city, Utilization of MP, MLA and Councillor funds, Overcrowding of jails, Destruction of green cover in a suburb, Absence of public transport facilities in a town and much more. Read RTI Success stories

Filing an RTI application is a 3 step process:
STEP 1: Write an application specifying the particulars of the information that you seek
STEP 2: Make the payment for the application fee and submit evidence of payment, at the time of application submission
STEP 3: Send the application to the concerned Public Information Officer/Assistant Public Information Officer


Where to file RTI application to know procedure followed by center government . or state government while keeping or nomenclature of new institute or policy declared . For example how and why sonipat Haryana knowledge city named as Rajiv Gandhi................not by other name ...........such as national insitiue/Haryana knowledge city 10/13/2013 10:06:05 AM

Could anyone please let me know what is the procedure for getting back the lost 11/2 feet in 30/40 site, and the problem with our neighbour not letting the set backs while builing the house. Which in turn is putting us into mess and unnecessary trouble. 10/15/2013 12:37:19 AM

The adjust lane gets hawkers and paw bhajee walas in the evening creating nuisance by vehicles and urchins etc. They were earlier using Bajaj road where residents objected . Now operating. In this lane. 10/15/2013 11:41:31 PM

On the 15th april DoPT ordered all the Agency ( If road than NHAI ) to published the data related to PPP , but no one yet actually followed it ...what can do to implement it ? ( Through #RTI we can get only 1 -2 project info ) 10/24/2013 12:39:18 AM

The roads in my society are completely broken. I have lodged a complain with the society representative but nobody paid any head to my complaint. Now i want to file an RTI application seeking information about the money received and spent by the Road Authorities in my area to maintain proper functional roads. But I have no clue where to go to file my RTI. Please help. 10/11/2013 7:57:27 AM

You can certainly file an RTI application with the PIO/APIO of the PWD department or the Municipal Body (whichever applicable) of your district/state, and ask for information related with the contracts awarded/money spent on the roads in your area. You can also seek a copy of the completion certificate and the measurement book.

I am a college student. Can I file an RTI to see the examination answer sheet? And suppose if one has submitted an application to the college administration or the principal but they have rejected it saying that the university doesn’t come under RTI, what shall one do in this case? 10/11/2013 7:59:58 AM

Yes, you can file an RTI application to see your answer sheet. All government or government-aided universities are covered under the RTI Act, 2005. You can approach the designated PIO to file an RTI application. In case, no PIO has been appointed by your university, it would be better to send your application through post and then you can file a complaint directly to the State/Central Information Commission (whichever applicable) under Section 18 of the RTI Act, 2005. You can also complaint to the Education Department about such practices.

I filed an RTI to CPIO, where there information was not provided in 30 days so I made a first appeal to GSRTC after this I got a letter stating that the information sought is not relevant to the central office. They transferred our application to PIO, Ahmedabad State Transport. I want to know that do I again have to make the first appeal or directly make second appeal to Gujarat Information Commission, if no reply comes in from first appeal. 10/11/2013 8:01:56 AM

Transferring an RTI application to the relevant department is the responsibility of the designated PIO/APIO. As there is a Supreme Court order preventing disclosure of information under complaints procedure, you should file a First Appeal, and then wait for 45 days. If the response is not satisfactory, then you must file a Second Appeal with the Gujarat SIC.

Do financial bodies like Reserve Bank of India or Securities Exchange Board of India come under RTI act? 10/11/2013 8:03:39 AM

Yes, both the RBI and the SEBI are public authorities and come under the ambit of the RTI Act, 2005.

Video More Videos

  • video

Print ads Print Ads

  • video
  • video
  • video
  • --%>
  • video
  • video